It's June, and you should have received your property tax notices in the mail, with property taxes due at the beginning of July. If you have your taxes collected by the mortgage company, you still need to apply for any eligible homeowners grant on your property tax notice. Complete the grant and return the tax form to your municipal office or city hall - they know your taxes are being paid by the mortgage company, but they still need your grant information to compute your NET taxes owing. The mortgage company can then pay the tax funds collected over the year on your behalf and all should be well!

If you pay your taxes on your own of course, you can just apply for the grant and remit your payment directly to your tax office.

If you would like to change the amount of taxes being collected with your mortgage payment, talk to your Mortgage Provider's Servicing Centre.


No comments

Post Your Comment:

Your email will not be published
The data relating to real estate on this website comes in part from the MLS® Reciprocity program of either the Real Estate Board of Greater Vancouver (REBGV), the Fraser Valley Real Estate Board (FVREB) or the Chilliwack and District Real Estate Board (CADREB). Real estate listings held by participating real estate firms are marked with the MLS® logo and detailed information about the listing includes the name of the listing agent. This representation is based in whole or part on data generated by either the REBGV, the FVREB or the CADREB which assumes no responsibility for its accuracy. The materials contained on this page may not be reproduced without the express written consent of either the REBGV, the FVREB or the CADREB.